Monday, November 17, 2008

Hostess Gift Idea

We have hosted Disciple Now weekends in our home several times over the years. The last group we hosted was college age young men. They were so sweet and polite.

They left us with such a sweet gift. They bought one of those Christian spiral flip calendars and each of them picked a day (maybe their birthdays?) and wrote a little thank you note. Now as we go through the year and I turn the pages on the calendar I come across notes that they wrote. It brings a smile to my face over and over and it's something that I will use year round.

This would be a fantastic hostess gift or Christmas gift. You could have your kids write little notes to Grandma for her to find throughout the year. She'll love it and it's inexpensive too! :)


8 comments:

Lynn said...

This is the sweetest idea I've heard in ages! I want to do this.

I love the pictures in your header, by the way. Such great, homey images. :) Thanks so much for your beautiful blog. This is my first time stopping by.

Anonymous said...

great idea!

I love that they were so thoughtful. We don't see young people being grateful very often any more. It really has turned into a Meeee Meee world.

Anonymous said...

Such a simple, yet FANTASTIC idea!

Cyndy said...

What a great idea! I love it!

Anonymous said...

50'sHousewife, I wanted to let you know that you've been tagged. Come by my blog and see.

Nicole said...

love it, love it. Thanks for sharing!

50s Housewife said...

Lynn, thank you so much for stopping by!

Jenny, you're right it is a "me" world. I'm always so encouraged when I see young people who are thoughtful and caring like these young men are.

Domestic Fashionista, as smart as these guys are, I'm guessing one of their moms suggested it. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a fab idea! Thanks for sharing! :)