Monday, June 21, 2010

Baking Day


I've been baking bread today (made with half whole wheat flour and half white flour) and while I had the oven on I thought I would try a new dessert too.

I found a recipe for oatmeal bars in the July issue of Family Circle that sounded delicious! I altered it slightly (half whole wheat flour like the bread) and they turned out great! They were a little crumbly but still tasted so good. They're similar to granola bars. You could reduce the butter and maybe substitute with applesauce to make it a little more healthy. If you did that I think they would be great breakfast bars.

I think you have to register to see the recipe, but it looks like it's free. I would give it to you myself, but I don't want to get in any trouble. :)

4 comments:

Adventures in Domestic Cooking said...

I bet those are Delicious!!=)

Stefanie Valentine said...

Mmm they look yummy!

Karey Culp said...

MmMmmm.... those look really good!

KareyEllen
KareyEllenDesigns.blogspot.com

Cherish said...

Sounds yummy!