Monday, August 2, 2010

Breakfast

"'When you wake up in the morning, Pooh'
said Piglet, 'what's the first thing you say
to yourself?'
'What's for breakfast?' said Pooh"

Maybe it's because I have more energy in the mornings or maybe it's because a delicious breakfast is relatively quick and easy to prepare, but it's one of my favorite meals to cook for my family. A leisurely Saturday breakfast or brunch is such a treat after a busy week and is a great opportunity for us to be together. If the weather cooperates it's fun to take breakfast outside and make a special occasion out of it.  Sometimes I even make breakfast for supper ("brupper").

Here are some favorite breakfast recipes that I have featured in the past on 50s Housewife:

Blueberry Oat Muffins
Fruit Swirl Coffee Cake
Easy Homemade Pancakes
Chocolate Gravy
Banana French Toast
Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Spice Muffins
Apple Muffins
Homestead Biscuits
Coffee House Scones

Happy Monday!