Tuesday, August 31, 2010
5 Things To Do With Table Salt
1. Scour tiles with a mixture of salt and vinegar. They'll be shiny in no time.
2. Remove kitchen odors from your hands. If your hands smell like garlic or onions, make a little paste of vinegar and salt and scrub with it (provided you don't have any cuts on your hands because - ouch!).
3. Clean cast iron. If you have food stuck on your cast iron skillet, don't use soap, just sprinkle with salt, scrub and rinse.
4. Set tie-dye. Before you wash your lovely and artistic creation soak it in a mixture of 2 cups warm water to 1/3 cup salt for about 20 minutes. We made tie-dye t-shirts at VBS one year and didn't do this before we washed them. The colors ran and the kids were so disappointed that their shirts didn't stay vibrant and pretty.
5. Sprinkle salt on a lemon half and use it to scrub your copper pots to restore their shine. Rinse thoroughly afterward.