Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Kool-Aid Play-Dough

Even though my kids are big, it's still fun to do "little kid" things with them, especially in the summertime. They still like when I read aloud to them or break out the finger paints. I like it too!  Today I made homemade play-dough and my girls are having a ball rolling it, molding it and dirtying up all my cookie cutters. :)

This is my favorite homemade play-dough recipe because it's so easy and the Kool-Aid makes it smell good. I happened to have Pink Lemonade on hand so ours smells lemony and is pink (obviously).

Ingredients:
2 packages un-sweetened Kool-Aid
2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons alum
2 cups boiling water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
Mix the Kool-Aid, flour, salt and alum together. Add the boiling water and oil and stir. When cool enough to handle, knead. Add more flour if needed to reduce stickiness.

It will last for weeks and weeks if you store it in an air tight container.