Thursday, July 29, 2010

Early Morning


I'm not naturally a morning person. If I didn't have any sort of schedule to keep I would stay up late and sleep late. Sometimes though, especially in the summer when I don't have anything on the agenda, I love to go to bed a little earlier than usual and get up early the next morning.

I don't set an alarm to jangle my nerves, I just decide that I'm going to wake up early and I do. It's especially nice if I can wake as the sun is beginning to rise. I quietly make myself a cup of coffee, wrap up in my robe, and take my Bible and reading glasses out onto the back porch. I read and pray as the sun peeks over the horizon and the world slowly wakes up in the cool misty stillness before the heat sets in. It's the best way I know to feel close to God and His creation and releases the stresses of my week.
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.
-Psalm 30:5

Hope your mornings are refreshing to your spirit!
Much love,