Friday, January 2, 2009

Tex-Mex Dinner

In honor of my new Crock-Pot I am sharing my first Crock-Pot recipe of 2009. :) I have a feeling there will be many more to follow.

Mix together:
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten

Stir in:
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 pkg. chili seasoning mix (my favorite is William's)
1 teaspoon salt

I can diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz.)
1 can corn, drained (15 1/4 OZ.)
1 can sliced black olives, drained (2 1/4 oz.)

Spoon mixture into slow cooker. Isn't my new Crock-Pot cute? It's red!

Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle with 8 oz. package of shredded Mexican blend cheese and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Serves 6.

My husband said this reminds him of a tamale. I'm sure I'll be making it again. It tastes good AND it's economical! My kind of recipe. :)

11 comments:

Mother Hood said...

That looks SO good! Your crock pot is such a pretty shade!

Crystal said...

Cute crock pot. I love red! Just thought I'd let you know about a blog I found a while back that has lots of crock pot recipes and other stuff. It's
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
She used her crock pot every day for a year. It might give you some good recipes to use in your lovely new red crock pot.

A Mom said...

Oh yay!! A solution for something to do with ground beef in the slow cooker other than chili! (hehe...I"m a bit challenged with the slow cooker). This is definitely getting put to the test in a couple of weeks (we only eat ground beef every other week)...!! Thanks for the great photos too...

the voice of melody said...

This looks very good - I just love all kinds of comfort food. :)

Congratulations on your brand new crockpot, please continue to share your recipes!

Jen said...

YUM! Thank you for the recipe it looks really good-we like mexican aound here. My crock is very old but very loved! Keep the recipes comming....I'd like to get more into my crock ....it saves so much time and stress around the dinner hour :)

Sandy said...

That looks great! I'm going to try it this week.

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Looks delish! I need more crock pot recipes, so thanks!
Jennifer

Mrs. U said...

OH YUM! These sound (and look) SO delicious!! I know that Mr. U would love these, too! This will be going on my next menu!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Terri said...

That sounds like something my children would love so I'll be trying this recipe.

Kathy said...

Looks Great! I love TexMex!!!!!

Mrs. Cleaver said...

This looks amazing! And crockpot dinners on weeknights are always appreciated, especially since I don't always feel like cooking after working all day. I can't wait to impress my husband with this dish!