Summer Front Porch
The weather has been just gorgeous today and it really makes me look forward to summer. Why do I love summer?
1) I love that the days are getting longer. It's so much easier to get up early when you aren't getting up in the dark and the kids love to stay outside and play until bedtime. Sometimes we even eat supper outside.
2) Drying the clothes on the line. I like to dry my clothes on the line when the weather is nice, but it's been a necessity the last few weeks. My dryer quit working. I was thrilled though when we got our latest electric bill. It was about $30 less than last month!
3) Flip-flops: Yes, I admit it, I love flip-flops. I wear them all summer long. Some are fancy with sparkles and a slight heel, some are the plain rubber kind, some have beads. I love them all.
4) No school. I so enjoy having the kids home and being able to spend lazy days with them.
5) Working in the yard. Our grass is green and the yard looks so pretty. I love looking outside every morning to see what's blooming and growing.
6) Summer produce. I could live on fruits and vegetables in the summer. Being a Southern girl, one of my most favorite summertime meals is black-eyed peas and cornbread, with some fresh sliced tomatoes and onions. Of course it has to include a watermelon and homemade ice cream too! Oh and maybe some fried okra...I'm making myself hungry! :)
7) Lying on a blanket in the park on the 4th of July and watching the fireworks.
8) Taking a cool shower in the evening after swimming and playing outside all day.
9) Sitting on the porch with a big ol' glass of sun tea, visiting with friends and neighbors while the ice cream maker churns away.
10) Swinging in the shade of the willow tree in the front yard while reading a book.
Well, I could go on and on, but I'll stop with 10. What do you like best about summertime?