Friday, May 2, 2008

Bundt Cake

This cake is a special favorite of Peter's. He's even requested it as a birthday cake. He likes it plain, but it's an easy cake to change. You can make a glaze for it, make a streusel topping, put whipped cream on it... the possibilities are endless. It's so easy to make.

First set out 5 eggs and 1 cup of margarine to come to room temperature. Then grease a bundt pan really well (even the non-stick types).


When the margarine is softened and the eggs are at room temp, dump them in your mixing bowl along with:
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon combined flavorings (vanilla, almond, or lemon)
Beat until smooth (about 5 minutes).


Pour into your prepared pan and bake for one hour at 325 degrees.


I had to charge batteries for the camera and forgot to take a picture of the cake last night. This was all that was left today. :)

6 comments:

Terri said...

It looks yummy. By the way, I love the new header!

Anonymous said...

That was a popular cake!

Thanks for the recipe!☺

Becky said...

That looks like a lovely cake. By the way, my cakes are, as well, quickly eaten up.
God bless
Becky

Aunt Ruthie said...

Hello neighbor...you're the kind of gal I would like to chat with over the backyard fence while I'm hanging my laundry up on the line! I just found your blog and am delighted! So quaint and adorable filled with wholesome goodness! I love it! The cake looks yummy too! If you would like some pie come visit me!
Ruthann
Warm Pie, Happy HOme

Anonymous said...

I tried this and mine didn't come out right..had to throw it away :-(

50s Housewife said...

Anon, I'm so sorry it didn't turn out right! I make it often and the only trouble I've ever had was when I didn't grease the pan very well and it stuck.