Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fashion Forward

I love clothes and shoes even though half the time I look like a candidate for What Not to Wear. I haven't revamped my wardrobe in years, so I recently bought a couple of cute things for fall and I'm so excited! It's so fun to put on something that I feel even halfway trendy in!

I love these boots, but they are WAY out of my price range so I settled on these cuties from Target.


I also got this really cute peacoat (again from Target). It's a perfect weight for fall and I've never had such a colorful coat. You would be surprised at how many things it goes with.

I'm now inspired to go through my closet and weed out all the 90s rejects and things that haven't fit since 2002. Who knows maybe I'll even splurge and get a shoe organizer!

Have you bought anything cute lately? What do you think are essential fashion staples for fall this year?

11 comments:

Janet Happy Girl said...

I have been looking and looking for a new coat and either I'm too picky or they are just plain ugly this season. This one you bought is really nice...did you buy that purple color too? I like it lots...

happileah said...

I love them both! Great new additions-I just bought a new pair of shoes & a new coat & I feel like a new woman!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Great choices! I need to revamp mine too especially if I return to work.

Carey

Kari said...

So cute!! I love Target clothing. Have fun sporting your new fall look =)

Tracey said...

Really like your choices and I love TARGET... usually on-line is where I shop. I recently bought a little black dress..really the first one I've ever owned. I love it..you can dress it up or down. Wonderful post.. you've inspired me to look again in my closet!

Farrah said...

I also adore Target. I think for this economy most people are buying either investment pieces such as a nice coat and accessories. Scarves are huge this year and leggings are back. Boots have been in for the last few years and probably will continue for a few years so that would be a good buy. I bet you look adorable in the coat!

Mama Z's said...

I LOVE hats and scarves for winter! Especially if they come from Target :o)

Wannabe Housewife said...

These are cute boots :) And the more colourful the coat, the better - when all the leaves fall, there's too much black and grey aroun anyway. At least here in Northern Europe (I'm formerly known as Thankvarra from the Baltics).

I've bought a pair of jeans after trying on, like, 30 pairs or close to that, and a small shawl in pinks and purples to wear as a scarf or wrap around the head. And I'm planning to start sewing as soon as I get the salary in November, because the choice of clothes here, the sizes, the quality, and above all the prices just drive me nuts.

Biology said...

I love it..you can dress it up or down. Wonderful post.. you've inspired me to look again in my closet!

Cedar Acre Lady said...

Hah, I have a catalog pic of those same fry harness boots torn out and taped onto my closet........dreaming and hoping for a cheaper deal. I must get to Target soon!

carla said...

It amazes me how fashion returns to previous days. The $278 boots are exactly like the ones that were very popular when I was in high school (early 70s). The ones from Target are very like the ones I bought about 1976. Mine were very comfortable.