Saturday, October 3, 2009

Banana French Toast

This is another re-run that I posted awhile back. It is one of Greg's favorites and he usually requests it when he's home.


This is what I made for breakfast this morning and it was SO good. I used homemade bread and bananas are cheap so even though I haven't worked out the exact cost I'm thinking it was pretty minimal.

Ingredients:
4 eggs (I only have 2 showing in the picture)
1/2 cup milk
2 bananas, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon oil
Sliced bread


In a blender, combine all ingredients except bread. Blend until smooth and pour into a pie pan.

Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. I recommend non-stick for this recipe. Soak bread in the banana mixture, turning to coat both sides.

Place bread in the skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown, turning once.

Serve with additional sliced bananas, powdered sugar and maple syrup.

11 comments:

Bobbi & Noe said...

Looks delish!

Manuela said...

Wow!!! what a recipe!

Blessings,
Manuela

Love the Decor! said...

This sounds so o good!! Every once in a while we will do breakfast for dinner and this would be a fun one for that with some link sausages YUM!!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

what a unique recipe, boy does that look, good, I will just have to try that, thanks for sharing...Phyllis

Dawn said...

It's 7 a.m. right now and that looks so yummy!!!
French toast is always a treat to make =)
Serve it with some sausage or bacon...mmmmmm.....

Happy 1st day of the week 50's Housewife!!!

Blessings,
Dawn

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! I am planning next week's menus now, and I am adding this on for next Saturday's breakfast.

A Joyful Chaos said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. it sounds delicious.

Mommas Soapbox said...

Now I'm hungry! Looks great. I love to make banana pancakes and my rugrats love french toast so this will be a great new recipe!

Ciao Bella~

ChaChaneen said...

Whoa, how did I miss this post? Yummy, looks like a keeper - thanks for sharing! And your homemade bread... I lurve it!

What said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe. This is so delicious. I love it!!

Amy said...

All I can say is, do I have drool running down my chin??? :-)