Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snickerdoodles

Cookies
Cookies

I love to bake cookies year round, but I especially love them at Christmas time. Snickerdoodles are always a favorite.

Cream together:
1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

In another bowl, mix together:
2 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients. Chill dough for one hour.

Mix together:
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar

Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture, covering completely. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

And be sure to go over to The Sparrow's Nest and check out Mrs. Wilt's Cyber Christmas Cookie Exchange.

4 comments:

~~Deby said...

We are snickerdoodler's too.....
At Christmas I roll them in the fine green and red sprinkles mixed with white sugar...
Deby

50s Housewife said...

What a great idea! I'll try that this week.

Anonymous said...

I haven't thought of snickerdoodles in years. Those sound so delicious. Do you think I could substitute margarine for the butter? My son is allergic to dairy but seems to tolerate baked goods with margarine.

Blessings to your day!

50s Housewife said...

Mrs. Lavender,
Yes margarine will work. The taste is slightly different of course, but I like them just as well.

Hope you enjoy them! :)