Monday, September 12, 2011

It's a Good Kind of Busy

Thanks so much to those of you who were concerned about our welfare and asked if we were near the Texas wildfires. We aren't and we are safe, but I would appreciate your prayers for Texas! The drought is just SO bad! At least we had a break in the heat which is wonderful. I can't wait to break out my boots and sweaters.

I've been so busy lately with my family and grad school that blogging has taken a bit of a back seat. I miss it and all of you, but there just isn't always time for everything I want to do. Normally I'm a fan of having lots of white space in my calendar, but I'm actually enjoying this busy season in my life. Maybe it's because the things on my calendar are things I really want to do, not things I feel pressured into doing. Well, band bus chaperone isn't the most fun thing I've ever done, but getting to know my kids' friends and spending time with them in these last few years I have them at home IS.

Plus, you want to know one of the best things about being in school? I get to SIT DOWN! Crazy, huh? Oh AND I have a great excuse to be on the computer. "I'm writing a paper honey, can you fold the laundry?"  I might have a tab open to read blogs or browse Amazon, but that's only so I can give my brain a break every now and then.

Have a great week!