I LOVE a good checklist! There are some areas in my life where it's more fun to go with the flow, but there's nothing like a checklist to help me stay motivated in cleaning my house and being more organized.
I like to have cleaning lists printed out so that I can check things off (so satisfying) and so that the kids can help. For some reason it works much better to give them a list than it does to tell them what I want them to do.
Here's what I try to get done every morning:
- Make beds (the kids make their own)
- Empty dishwasher and put away dishes (I usually run the dishwasher at bedtime)
- Clear clutter from living room, entryway and kitchen (for some reason things tend to pile up in the entryway and on the bar in the kitchen)
- Take out trash (this is usually one of the kids' job and sometimes happens at night)
- Wipe kitchen countertops and stove (just a quick wipe, not a full clean)
- Sweep kitchen
- Clean any spots on the kitchen floor
- Put out fresh kitchen dish towels
- Clean glass storm door (it drives me crazy when there are fingerprints and doggy nose prints all over it)
- Clean splatters off of bathroom mirrors
- Wipe bathroom sink, counters and toilet (if I have them on hand, I use Clorox wipes for this - they are so handy)
- Make sure clothes, jewelry, brushes, makeup, etc. are put away
Do you use checklists?