Thursday, June 16, 2011

Perfect for Summertime: Iced Coffee

Is it wrong to drink iced coffee out of a Coca-Cola glass?

I made PW's Perfect Iced Coffee and it is delicious!  I love iced coffee year round, but it's especially good when it's so hot the farmers are feeding the chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard boiled eggs. (sorry about that - I have a lame sense of humor, or so my kids tell me)  It really is hot though, even in the morning.  I like to open my windows every morning to let in a little fresh air, but by 7:30 it's already hotter outside than it is in the house.

I'm not a fan of drinking something hot when I'm already having to keep the ceiling fans on high, so iced coffee it is.  I've made it before with hot coffee that I later chilled, but this is better.  Plus the convenience of having it already cold in the fridge can't be beat.  While I'm sure it's best with half &half and sugar, I used 1% milk and Splenda in mine.  Still pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Do you like iced coffee?