I just love the book The Grits (Girls Raised In The South) Guide to Life. I was perusing it today and came across these Rules for Being a Southern Belle that I thought you would enjoy.
A Southern Belle...
1. Dresses like a lady, not a lady of the night.
2. Keeps a smile on her face that could melt the heart of an IRS agent.
3. Is always ready to share the news (but keeps the family secrets).
4. Keeps everything shipshape: penmanship, fellowship, stewardship.
5. Lets a gentleman be a gentleman by allowing him to open a door for her, thank you very much.