Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rules for Being a Southern Belle

Southern Belle, Oranges, Florida
Southern Belle

I just love the book The Grits (Girls Raised In The South) Guide to Life. I was perusing it today and came across these Rules for Being a Southern Belle that I thought you would enjoy.

A Southern Belle...
1. Dresses like a lady, not a lady of the night.
2. Keeps a smile on her face that could melt the heart of an IRS agent.
3. Is always ready to share the news (but keeps the family secrets).
4. Keeps everything shipshape: penmanship, fellowship, stewardship.
5. Lets a gentleman be a gentleman by allowing him to open a door for her, thank you very much.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Love it!

gigi said...

You gotta love us Southern Belle's!

momstheword said...

When I was little my dad insisted that I wait in the car until my brother came around and opened the door for me. I hated waiting but he wanted to teach my brother to be a gentlemen (and me to be a lady). I'm glad I learned but it was sure hard waiting!

Gretchen said...

I love this.

Stacy said...

Very nice. Short, simple, to the point, and flattering! Here here!