Monday, February 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today...(February 9th)

Outside my window... The rain clouds are clearing away and the sun is peeking out. It smells so fresh and clean now that the rain has washed all the dust away.

I am thinking...That I'm not ready for Greg (oldest son) to leave. You may remember that he came home in August to go to school. Well, he has re-enlisted and is on his way to North Carolina tomorrow. All of you who live there, give him a big hug for me won't you? :)


I am thankful for... The wonderful 5 months that we had with Greg at home. Bobby (third son) especially enjoyed not being outnumbered by girls.

From the kitchen... I am about to put a roast in the crockpot (or I may do the other recipe where it cooks in the oven...haven't decided yet).

I am wearing...A big military mom t-shirt and jeans (for getting dirty while helping my soon to be sister-in-law today).

I am reading... Be Mature: Growing Up in Christ by Warren Wiersbe.

I am hoping... The cleaning spree with my sister-in-law to be doesn't take too long. I have lots of other things to get done today.

I am creating... More notecards with verses from James.

I am hearing...quiet (it sounds lovely).

Around the house... Lots of laundry to catch up on and helping Greg get packed.


One of my favorite things... A big Saturday morning breakfast with the whole family around the table.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Helping my soon to be sister-in-law clean my brothers house in preparation for her to move in. We are going to be cleaning under appliances and in cabinets today. I'm afraid of what we'll find. I can tell you that my brother has NEVER cleaned under his appliances. Ugh!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Our new puppy. He is a 6 month old Border Collie. His name is Roper (we didn't name him, he was named by a cowboy who likes to rope).


For more daybook entries, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Very nice Day book! your puppy is cute!! I will pray for your son. I am very thankful for people like your son who are willing and able to serve and protect our country. It an awesome thing!!

Armchair Housewife said...

First I must say that I love the photo of you, giving us some idea of what you look like, but I think I imagined you for so long as the little blonde thing with a pony tale from your old profile illustration that I was surprised to see what you really look like! :)

My heart is really touched by your son's reenlistment, and your concern over him moving away again. I was a military kid growing up, my daddy is a Marine, and i know he got out once right after i was borne but went back a few months later. Some men are just wired for military service. :) And I know that when a loved one joins, there is such a mixture of pride in them for doing the hard, sacrificial job of military service, and the concern that comes over them being away from you, and in potentially dangerous circumstances. I am sure your son's military service has grown not only his, but your faith as well, as you have had to take all of those thoughts, feelings and emotions to the Lord. Praying for you guys today that your last few days with Greg at home will be really sweet ones, and that you'll look forward to visiting him in NC. Is it Lejune? Cherry Point? I was stationed at both as a kid. I still miss North Carolina!

And your puppy is ADORABLE!!!

Blessings,

Nicole

Jen said...

We have a border collie as well. Our dog's name is "Gloria" we adopted her about 3 years ago. Enjoy your puppy!

momstheword said...

Cute puppy! I am so glad you had that time with your son! I will miss mine so much when they leave.

the voice of melody said...

Too bad I don't live in NC or I'd sure give a big hug to your son for you! Sending one to your now...

Oh, and Roper is just precious. :)

Susan said...

Good luck on the cleaning! And your new puppy is precious!

klutzymama said...

Roper is so cute! When I was 15 we got a border collie, Yogi, he was such a good dog, he died last summer. He was such a good dog that my mom got another border collie, Tommy and he's a great dog too.
Good luck with that cleaning!

Marytoo said...

Oh, your boy is going back in the Army... Bless him, and bless you. My heart and prayers are with you.

A Gracious Home said...

A wonderful post. I try to read all of Warren Wiersbe's books. Aren't they just great? He is a person I trust. My Mom met my Dad at the army base in Greensborough NC. I hope I spelled that right. I pray God will keep him safe. You made me want to make a roast. I haven't made one in ages. God bless you, Doylene