Thursday, January 22, 2009

To Market, To Market...

Group of People in a Street Market, Rue De Levy, Paris, France by Panoramic Images
Street Market, Rue De Levy, Paris, France

My price book has already come in handy! I went to Sam's yesterday to get some of my groceries and I found that while the milk is cheaper, the eggs are not. Who knew?

Today I am headed to our local chi-chi, fou-fou market to finish up my shopping. I'll have to keep myself away from their gorgeous flowers and specialty coffees, but there are plenty of good deals to be had for the smart shopper who knows a good price when she sees one. :)

8 comments:

Armchair Housewife said...

Congrats! All the more reason for me to catch up with my price spread sheet when I get home from house sitting next week. :)

Kathy said...

Last time I was in Sam's with my price book a lady stopped me. She wanted to know the cheapest price for items. They are so handy!

Reborn said...

Ooh! I just started a price book! I haven't finished it yet, but I've already been suprised by what I've found.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure about the eggs? I bought 3 dozen eggs for $4.xx. That is cheaper than they are at WalMart and our local store.
RetroHousewife

Serah said...

We have Whole Foods as our local chi-chi market and I could spend so much money there! I love to browse, but only get things when I really need them.

Congrats on your price book working! I need to do that.

Kathy said...

speaking of eggs, please don't buy brown ones thinking they are more natural. Eggs are all colors depending on the hen species.

Hubby comes from a chicken raising family.

According to a good friend she does like the Eggland Best, but for us I buy the cheapest large egg I can find.

Cherish said...

That's great, I love that the price book is paying off!

P.S. I gave you a blog award, go check it out on my blog!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.