Thursday, November 13, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven: Fun


This has been such a fun week! All day today I was thinking of the other ladies making their homes havens and how it seems like we are all working together. :)

I had my quiet time after getting the kids off to school. I sat at my kitchen table with a cup of coffee while the morning sun poured in through the windows. Today I read in Isaiah and Psalms. I prayed Psalm 4:8 for all my children, but especially for Peter as he serves in Iraq. His safety is, of course, always on my heart.
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.


Today's haven focus is fun. What a great idea! I decided to try and get all my housework done before the kids got home so that we could focus on having fun. I turned on some Christmas music while I dusted, vacuumed, and did some laundry (yes...more laundry). :)


After school the kids did homework and we finished the display board for Cindy's science fair project.

I made home made pizza for supper.

Then the girls quickly showered and got into their PJs so we could have a family movie night. I spread a blanket in front of the TV and popped some popcorn. They were so excited because I almost never let them eat in the living room.

The kids are snuggled on the floor with blankets, pillows, and popcorn and I'm keeping half an eye on the movie while taking turns between knitting and typing.

I hope you all are having a great evening!

Be sure to head over to The Homespun Heart to see more haven posts.

5 comments:

Terri said...

What a fun day! Thank you for sharing. The pizza looks terrific!

Armchair Housewife said...

I just wanted to let you know that while I haven't been doing the "Making your home a haven" week per se, going over to the Homespun Heart and reading her posts has encouraged me to challenge myself to be up at 7:00am for time in the word before the day, and this is something that i have really been struggling to do. So thanks, because more than anything we need to abide in Christ if we want to be good wives and home makers, and oyu encouraged a sister to do that this week.

Blessings,

Nicole

Dionne said...

It's such a "coincidence" (Ha!) that I should come across your site today because in my morning prayer I was asking how all those mom's were able to do it all so well. You've given me some great resources and wonderful inspiration. Thank you.
Blessings!

One Christian Mom said...

Looks like a wonderful day! My hubby tells me I am the only person left in the world who makes their own pizza. I will have to show him yours (or maybe not, it looks better than mine :-)
Shellie

Super Kawaii Mama said...

What a wonderful mental picture you paint! This is my first visit to your blog as I am scouring around looking for inspiration to keep me going, and help me to be a better homemaker. I have my great days, and then I almost give in and start ringing around to find myself an "Alice". Thanks for being a little ray of sunshine in my day.