Monday, October 27, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY (October 27, 2008)...
Outside My Window...
The sun is shining and it's chilly with a very slight breeze.
I am thinking...
About our sermon yesterday. It was so good and I know I'll be thinking about it all week.
I am thankful for...
The "new" chair and ottoman that my mom gave me. It won't fit into their new house.
From the kitchen...
We're having tortilla soup and grilled cheese sandwiches tonight. I'm thinking I may make some homemade bread too.
I am wearing...
Black track pants, a pink sweatshirt that says "Mom", and pink tennis shoes. Not the cutest thing, but it's warm. I was COLD when I got up this morning. We are waiting as long as possible to turn on the heater.
I am creating...
A new furniture arrangement in my den/play room.
I am going...
To vote today
I am reading...
The November/December issue of Southern Accents. One of my many freebies courtesy of iMommies.
I am hoping...
To get all my laundry done today.
I am hearing...
The clock ticking and our canary chirping.
Around the house...
I going to clean the master bathroom today and go through my magazines to toss the ones I'm finished reading. I also need to clean out my purse and water the houseplants.
One of my favorite things...
Memories of the children when they were small. We got out their baby books last night and read through them. I can't believe how much they have grown! Where does the time go?
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
The girls are in desperate need of some warm PJs. Hopefully I can get a good deal on some at the thrift store.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing...

I walked out on my front porch to sweep a few days ago and there were two sweet little butterflies enjoying my chrysanthemums. One flew off just as I snapped the picture, but at least I got this one to pose. :)

Read more daybook entries at The Simple Woman.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I love the picture. Thank you for sharing. I think this is the first time I've been to your blog. I enjoyed my time here.

Kristyn said...

Your blog is charming.
Great daybook!
Have a great week.
Kristyn

akhmmm said...

Hand-me-down furniture, especially the way you got it, is such a treat.

Great daybook.

Elaine

Jenny S said...

Sweet message.

UKZoe said...

I need some warm pj's. I'm going to Belarus for a week in December, and I think it will be cold.

Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed your day book!

50s Housewife said...

Thank you for the sweet comments ladies! :)