Monday, June 23, 2008

Seeing the Everyday


I recently had the opportunity to review a new magazine called Seeing the Everyday that finds "poetry in the prosaic". I knew from looking around the website that I would probably like the magazine, and I sure do! I was so excited when it came in the mail. It's a beautifully printed, high quality magazine with absolutely no advertisements (how rare is that in a magazine?).

It's not the sort of magazine that you quickly flip through and toss; it's one that you will keep and read over and over. It's full of beautiful stories and photos that encourage us to slow down the frantic pace of our lives and truly live in those everyday moments with our families. In a world where we feel pressured to do more, spend more, have more, it's refreshing to find a magazine that focuses on a gentler way of life.

Their website says:
Seeing the Everyday seeks to honestly tell and simply show the everyday beauties found in quiet and humble moments of our own homes and yards with those whom we love most. It documents through word and image real stories of the ordinary scenarios that occur in family - finding poetry in the prosaic.


Subscribe here

I know you'll like it as much as I do.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

This sounds really lovely!

Evie said...

Thank you for mentioning the magazine. I have checked out the website and ordered a subscription! Thanks so much for your blog of wisdom, ideas and every day happenings in your life! Affectionately, Evie :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds good and I'd like to give it a try. I'm all for anything that can help remind me of the beauty that exists all around me, in the simplicity of every day life.

It's easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle of our days.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Donna