Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Free - My Favorite Price!

The girls and I have been re-arranging their room. They have twin beds which we had side by side with a night stand between. Now their beds are arranged in an L shape in one corner of their room with the night stand in the corner between the heads of their beds. It gives them so much more floor space.

Last night I was taking some things we had decided to throw out from their room to the dumpster (Bobby usually does this, but he is out of town with a friend) and I couldn't believe what I saw. A cute little desk and a pretty white, wooden vanity tray were just laying on top. I left my trash and promptly brought both the desk and the vanity tray in the house. The legs of the desk were wobbly, but Mike easily tightened them up. The back of the vanity tray says "Shabby Chic" and "Target".

Now the girls have a cute place to do homework and write letters. They've both already written letters to Greg and Peter on their new desk. I put the vanity tray in my drawer in the bathroom. It fits perfectly and makes my drawer look so organized. I'm thrilled!

Maybe I shouldn't send Bobby out with the trash anymore. Who knows what I've been missing! :)

13 comments:

Momala said...

What a great find! You certainly can't beat free!

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

You can't beat that!!☺

Caroline said...

Free is my favorite price too. What a beauty that desk is!!

TheRetroHousewife said...

I have to admit Im a dumpster diver (no I dont actually go in but thats what they call it!!) I have found great things, a small toddler swing set for my daughter and a bouncy pony toy among other things but my best find was a Philco refrigerator from the late 40s or early 50s in working condition. I sanded it and painted it and it is good as new, my pride and joy!!

Terri said...

What a beautiful desk. I got a free one from my landlord and I agree, you can't beat that price!

Tracy said...

WOW! What a great find!

moralia said...

So cute!! What a great find, looks like it's in fabulous condition!! :)

Miss Martini said...

Hi! I always read your blog...my mom always gets awesome things out of the trash...one's man's trash can be another's treasure! or should i say woman :)
have a nice day!

Daughter of the King said...

Indeed a great *find* can't beat the price...good for you.
Deby

All things bright & beautiful... said...

Love it!

Cyndy said...

I can't believe someone was throwing that out...it's adorable! What a great find and at a great price too!

Dawn said...

WOW!!! That is awesome! Even my husband was like 'wow...that is niiiiiice'...LOL... :-)

We go 'junking' as well. Not that often as we would like though. We'll just drive around sometimes before trash day and see if there is anything we can't live without. It's fun. :)

You got a good deal! Praise the Lord!

Blessings,
Dawn

Judi said...

Hard to believe someone threw out that cute desk. Good for you for finding it. We sometimes find great stuff by the side of the road the night before garbage pickup. We have left things out by the curb, too, and have been happy when they disappeared! A fun, free little economy.