Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Enjoying the Summer

Little Swimmer
Little Swimmer

I'm still here and I haven't abandoned blogging. I'm just enjoying the long, lazy days of summer and frankly I haven't turned on the computer much at all in the last week.

The grandparents bought the kids an above ground swimming pool. It's 15 feet in diameter and 4 feet deep. We are loving it. They had offered to buy the kids a membership at an area public pool, but the kids said they would rather have a pool in the back yard. Between the new pool, the trampoline, and the porch swing, we are outside most of the day and going through sunscreen by the gallon. I've been making the girls wear hats when they are outside and they don't seem to mind too much.

At my house today, the clothesline has a row of dripping, grass covered beach towels on it, I need to wash the sticky Popsicle drippings off the porch, and the girls have been trying to sell lemonade to an empty neighborhood. We have some jalapeno peppers ready to pick and I'm going to make homemade salsa this afternoon. Just an average summer day.

I wish I had a laptop so I could take it out on the back porch with my iced tea in the evenings, but I don't. I'll still be around this summer though so don't worry. :)

4 comments:

moralia said...

Mmmm.. homemade salsa sounds wonderful! :) I recently found your blog, and it's the 50's Housewife title that really caught my attention, I also love that 'era', and would have loved to live back then! I'm a SAHM of 4 great kids and have been working a new 'budget' and being more of a true SAHM, your blog is absolutely wonderful and very inspiring! I'm even making my own pizza tonight for dinner after seeing your pizza posts! :) I look forward to more great posts this summer! For now i'll keep reading old posts.. lots of good stuff here!! Anyways, enjoy your day, I hope you'll share a pic/recipe of your salsa with us! :)

Momala said...

It looks like you are having a creat summer!

Mindy

Tracy said...

We got a pool this year too. We sure are enjoying it. Popsicles sound yummy!

Cyndy said...

This sounds so incredibly peaceful and enjoyable!