Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today's Bargains



I spent the day running errands with my mom today and we got some bargain hunting done too. It seems like I haven't been able to find much at the thrift store lately, but today I found two tops (and one is a brand new with tags April Cornell!), and The Complete Tightwad Gazette. I bought the first book in the Tightwad Gazette series back in the '90s, but I never had the other two. I paid $7 for all of it. I'm thrilled!

The second picture shows my Walgreen's deal. The above items are all rebate items from the April Super Saver catalog, which happened to overlap with coupons from the May catalog (plus coupons I already had). I used my gift card from last months rebates, so it didn't cost me a cent out of pocket and I'll get $13.49 in rebates, plus the extra 10% for getting it on a gift card.

And to make the day complete. Mom took me to lunch at Pei Wei, which was yummy! We had the lettuce wraps. I think I'm going to see if I can find a similar recipe to make at home. The kids would love them.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

I love the Tightwad Gazette- lots of good information. Looks like you came out with some good deals today.

Melissa said...

Holy moly! Great job!

Many Blessings,
M.

Amanda said...

Those tops are too cute! What great finds - good for you! :)

Mmm...Pei Wei! YUM!

All things bright & beautiful... said...

Brilliant!
I can not get over the good deals you get using coupons - if you use coupons here it's for say 5p or
10p off the purchase price and you can't combine offers.
Well done you.
Maybe I need to emigrate - lol!

Terri & Crew said...

The tops are really cute. I have The Complete Tightwad Gazette and love it! Great job :-).

Terri

Tina said...

LOVE the tops!! Wow, you got great bargains! Like Lynn said, we don't get deals like that over here!

Love, Tina :)

50shousewife said...

Caroline, yes I did! It's so fun to find a good deal! :)

Melissa, thank you! :)

Amanda, Pei Wei is one of my favorite places to eat. So far I have loved everything I've tried there. The mandarin orange tea was excellent.

Lynn, come on over. We've got plenty of room! :)

Terri, I have had so much fun reading my Tighwad Gazette! It's so inspiring and makes me really want to get better at "tighwadding".

Thank you Tina! I wish you could get the good deals like we do here. It helps SO much with making the dollar stretch.