Wednesday, January 2, 2008

This week at CVS


I think I did pretty well today considering most of what I bought was not the best possible deal like I usually get. The Nature's Bounty vitamins were buy one get one free and I had two $2 off coupons. These weren't the cheapest vitamins available, but I already did the Nature's Bounty deal earlier this week and got 2 Vitamin Cs, an echinacea and a B Complex. This time I got a ginseng complex and a fish/flax/borage oil.

I bought 4 Soy Joy bars and had a $1/4 coupon. The Always were on sale for $2.99 and I had a $1 coupon. The CVS brand items are buy one, get one half off and we really needed the cotton balls. The bath pouf was part of the Christmas clearance of 75% off and it was $1.25. I also bought a 12 pack of Diet Coke which isn't in the picture. It was on sale for $3.33 (or 3 for $10).

I used a $5 off $20 coupon from a previous week's receipt, a $2 off $10 coupon, and my $6 in ECBs from the earlier vitamin purchases. I spent $5.80 out of pocket. I earned $7 in ECBs plus my $3 in ECBs from my Fall spending printed so I have $10 for next time. I used up most of my ECBs for Christmas, so I'm glad to be getting them built back up again.

You can to to the Nature's Bounty Rewards website to register for your $2 off coupon and then when you buy vitamins you can go back and enter the codes from them to get points towards more coupons.

Oh, and in case you happen to be in Dollar General this week, they have a double pack of Excedrin back and body (24 count each) for $3 and you can use the $2 off coupon that came in the paper a few weeks ago.

4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife- said...

I have a question for you. Do you use up all the things you buy? I sort of think of you as somewhat of a pack-rat. Let me explain! The things I see you buy aren't things that I would use in my house, so I picture you buying them just because they are a good deal. Then you put them away where they belong and they never get used. So prove me wrong! :)

50shousewife said...

It does sort of seem like it doesn't it? I used to be REALLY bad about just buying things because they were a good deal, but that was usually things for the kids or clothes. One summer when my older daughter was a baby I got so many good garage sale deals that she had over 30 summer outfits! Ridiculous I know. I just couldn't seem to help myself if it was really cute and only a quarter.

The stuff that I get at CVS and Walgreens I actually use. Mike (husband) is big on vitamins so he loves when I get those and the Soy Joys I gave him to take to work. Somtimes he won't stop working to eat lunch, so I like for him to have something in his desk that he can eat quickly.

I am way past stocked up on toothpaste, so unless it's free I won't get anymore. Extra hygiene type stuff I send to my son in Iraq or my Soldier's Angel adopted soldier.

Does that help? I'm not as bad as it seems! ;) Until I started doing this CVS and Walgreen's shopping I would run out of things and have to go to the store and pay full price. Now I can just get more shampoo out from under the sink.

The Chatty Housewife- said...

Well that's good! It sounds like you are pretty organized about it. The things that were most questionable to me are the medicines, because they have expirations dates. Now that I know you share them, it makes more sense! The two of us here would never go through what you buy, but since you get amazing deals, it is definitely worth it, especially if you can give it away to someone who really needs it!

Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for Suzie! I'm her BFF, RetroHousewife. I would've never thought of her as a packrat. Now, Mike on the other hand, is pretty bad. LOL Stuff laying around drives Suzie absolutely nuts though so Mike tries to keep everything weeded down the best he can. :-)